CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Questions from the Spirit late in the night

1 Kings 19:8-13
8 So he got up and ate and drank, and the food gave him enough strength to travel forty days and forty nights to Mount Horeb, the mountain of God, 9 where he lived in a cave.
But the Lord said to him, "What are you doing here, Elijah?"
10 He replied, "I have worked very hard for the Lord God of the heavens; but the people of Israel have broken their covenant with you and torn down your altars and killed your prophets, and only I am left; and now they are trying to kill me too."
11 "Go out and stand before me on the mountain," the Lord told him. And as Elijah stood there the Lord passed by, and a mighty windstorm hit the mountain; it was such a terrible blast that the rocks were torn loose, but the Lord was not in the wind. After the wind, there was an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake. 12 And after the earthquake, there was a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire. And after the fire, there was the sound of a gentle whisper. 13 When Elijah heard it, he wrapped his face in his scarf and went out and stood at the entrance of the cave.
And a voice said, "Why are you here, Elijah?" TLB

Why am I here?
Why do I desire the fire and power of God to be shown to me in all His might and miraculous glory when He shows me so often that he speaks softly?

Isa 30:21-221 Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it." NIV